Town Hall of Jamestown, North Carolina
* Located on US 29-A & 70-A between Greensboro and High Point, and near Winston-Salem, it is close to both 1-40 and J-85.
* Two National Register Historic Districts are in the town: Oakdale Cotton Mill and its mill village, the oldest continuously operating cotton mill in Guilford County; and Jamestown Historic District, lining Main Street and encompassing a number of important 19th century structures.
* Settled about 1762, the town was first laid out with named streets about 1800.
* British troops camped at the Mendenhall Mill (no longer standing) the day before the Battle of Guilford Courthouse, March 1781.
* First Medical School in North Carolina was operated in Jamestown, ca 1820-1830 by Dr. Madison Lindsay in a house now owned by the Historic Jamestown Society
* Second medical school opened in 1840 by Dr. Shubal Coffin in an important Greek Revival house (restored), later occupied by Dr. J. L. Robbins, among the first to use ether in the state.
* Mendenhall Store (restored) was built by Richard Mendenhall in 1824. It and the early 19th century Friends Meetinghouse (restored) are in City Lake Park.
* Gold mines & the McCullough Rock Engine House, an ore separation and smelting plant (restored), were operating nearby by 1833.
* Jamestown Rifles, prized by collectors, were made by more than 75 individuals in the area during the 19th century. * Cultural center of Guilford County prior to 1850,
* Jamestown had churches, the largest Masonic Lodge in the state, an Oddfellows Lodge, a newspaper, temperance union, and literary & debating society.
* Jamestown Female College operated between 1858 and 1861.
* General Stoneman's troops raided Jamestown in 1865, during the Civil War, burning a woolen mill and a railroad bridge.
Mendenhall Plantation - 603 W Main St - Jamestown, NC 27282